Employer: Uppercut Elevator and Lifts Inc.
Position offered: Lead Technician
This is a full-time permanent position in Foothills, Alberta
Business address: 54 Ranchers Hill Road, Foothills, Alberta
Hours per week: 40-50
Wage/salary: $22/hour with vacation pay at 4% of gross wages/year
- Read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics to determine layout of system components;
- Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas;
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing residential elevators and lifts;
- Install and wire electric and electronic control system devices;
- Install, test and adjust safety control devices; and
- Perform other labouring and elemental tasks as required.
- The installation, service and maintenance of RAM residential elevators and commercial accessibility lifts;
- A minimal of 2 years experiencewith RAM commercial lifts and residential elevators is required;
- An understanding of the B-355 code as it pertains to commercial lift installations;
- The ability to read electrical schematics;
- Trouble shooting electrical faults utilizing a multi-meter;
- Basic computer knowledge working with Microsoft office;
- The ability to work in both metric and imperial measurements;
- A keen use of hand and power tools;
- A valid driver’s licence as driving to the job site is required; and
- Elevator constructors and mechanics may specialize in construction, maintenance or repair.
- Training of junior technicians;
- Correspondence with general contractors and field project management; and
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Heavy lifting;
- Aerobic physical fitness – the ability to climb multiple flights of stairs sometimes with equipment;
- Working outside in both the winter and the summer;
- Working with heights and confined spaces; and
- Working for extended periods of up to 1 week out of town.
- Maintaining safety standards in accordance with our SECOR; and
- Partnerships in Safetycourse or equivalent as it pertains to the maintenance of SECOR.