Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Since 1999, PartSource and its chain of corporate-owned automotive specialty stores have offered brand-name auto parts to automotive professionals and serious do-it-yourselfers. With an assortment of 300,000 unique parts, PartSource delivers quick in-and-out purchases with an extensive selection of quality brand-name parts, competitive prices and outstanding services. Our team of PartSource expert staff – who are true auto parts professionals and car care enthusiasts – share their customers’ passion for vehicle maintenance. It’s this experience that distinguishes Canadian Tire and its family of companies from the competition.
As the Store Manager you are responsible for leading a high performing team that maximizes the net profit of your location by effectively managing all functions in the store. You are also a service provider to both the internal and an external customer base.
What you’ll do
- Build a Sales Obsessed Culture by providing an exceptional in store customer experience
- Responsible to drive outside sales through commercial accounts, new businesses prospecting and exceptional management of customer relationship with CTR dealer partners
- Delegates and follows up on execution of PS visual compliance standards, store maintenance, pricing standards, planogram and merchandising directives
- Responsible for managing / minimizing store shrink through team awareness, enforcement of audit compliance and standards and rigid inventory control
- Ensures accurate execution and completes daily review of shipping /receiving/ returns processing and documentation according to company policies
- Follows and ensures compliance of all Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures
- Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions
- Responsible for overall Store and equipment maintenance and compliance for PS fleet, using FOS fleet management maintenance system, driver compliance, and appropriate certifications for all roles
- Manages regular reconciliations and collections of accounts payable balances for all customer business accounts
- Coaches and develops store and management team
- Sets and follows up on individual and store sales goals
- Creates development plans and conducts annual appraisals for store team; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team
- Leads effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required training within required timeframes
- Ensures execution of the Customer Experience, and provides resolution for all customer concerns
- Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintains a complete team, adhering to IBO standards
- Provides mentorship to teams and influences continuous growth
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, in store contests, customer compliments, etc
- Maintain PS performance expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary
Able to work retail hours including scheduled evenings, weekends and holidays
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Business Savvy – you have a customer focused mindset and can plan, execute, and drive sales
- Leaders – you lead by example and have a passion for coaching, developing, and inspiring your team
- Culture and brand ambassadors – you love the work and take pride in our brand
If you’re a proven retail manager with a passion for people, our industry, and driving an exceptional customer experience, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- 3-5 years retail experience managing a multi-channel business required
- Managing and growing B2B business sales
- Demonstrated interest in the automotive parts aftermarket industry
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Strong knowledge of automotive parts aftermarket industry
- A good base of knowledge of automotive operating systems including point of sale
- Possession of a valid driver's license is an asset
- Automotive Training or Certification is an asset
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
PartSource is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.