PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’ automotive enthusiasts and commercial installers.
As part of Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC.A) growing network of interrelated businesses, PartSource employees are committed to ensuring that our commercial, retail, and Automotive Infrastructure customers enjoy a memorable customer experience. In return, our investment in our people includes a comprehensive total rewards package, including store discount programs and opportunities for career development.
Reporting to the Store Manager the PartsPro (Auto Parts Counter Person) is responsible for ensuring all commercial, retail and Automotive Infrastructure customers receive a consistent customer experience as per the company's corporate vision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining customer needs
- Using the PartSource Operating System and external vendor software/websites determine the correct possible parts and selling the appropriate automotive parts solutions
- Using PartSource Operating System to accurately process cash, debit and credit customer transactions (e.g. sales and refunds)
- Performing automotive parts testing (e.g. alternators, batteries, starters, fuel injectors, ignition modules, and voltage regulators)
- Effectively communicate product features, benefits and warranty policy information to customers
- Report discrepancies between actual stock and computer reported stock to Inventory Specialist and/or Store Manager
- Maintaining store organization and cleanliness
- Using documented store standards and standard operating procedures to deliver consistent customer experience
- Following store procedures relating to loss prevention
- Ensuring compliance to all appropriate Health & Safety legislation and corporate Health & Safety Policy
- Using personal protective equipment - Mandatory: certified safety shoes - As required: safety glasses, reflective safety vest, ventilator, hard hat, gloves, apron
- Ensuring all company property is accounted for and treated with reasonable care
- On an exception basis, may be asked to use company vehicle to provide the emergency delivery of automotive parts
- Strong knowledge of automotive parts aftermarket industry
- A good base of knowledge of automotive operating systems including point of sale
- Functional literacy and capability of recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure the proper selection of parts
- Available for shifts 7 days per week including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift
- Ability to view computer screen for up to 8 hours per shift
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise up to and including 50lbs for up to 8 hours per shift
- A demonstrated ability to deliver customer service
- Excellent verbal communication and effective listening skills
- Possession of a valid driver's license is an asset
- Automotive Service Excellence (A.S.E.) certification would be an asset
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
PartSource is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.