PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’ automotive enthusiasts and commercial installers.
As part of Canadian Tire Corporation’s growing network of interrelated businesses, PartSource employees are committed to ensuring that our commercial and retail customers enjoy a memorable customer experience. In return, our investment in our people includes a comprehensive total rewards package, including store discount programs and opportunities for career development.
Reporting to the Store Manager the Team Lead is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the store including supervising and coaching of store staff.
- Leads and supports the drive to build a Sales Obsessed Culture by providing an exceptional in store customer experience.
- Supports Store Management in providing resolution as required to customer complaints.
- Supports the commercial sales team by providing customer service support.
- Follows up on execution of PS visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
- Executes on daily price changes.
- Executes planograms, and merchandising directives.
- Supports enforcement of audit compliance and standards and rigid inventory control.
- Executes and completes daily shipping /receiving activities including returns processing and documentation according to company policies.
- Provides support in preparation for annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Provides support or recommends maintenance or repair for overall Store and equipment including PS Fleet.
- Assumes responsibility for Store leadership in the absence of the Store Management.
- Provides support to store team, through communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Follows up on individual sales goals
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
- Assists store management in ensuring training compliance and completion.
- Support the Store Management during team meetings.
- Participates in recognition programs, in store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Fosters positive and productive partnership with Commercial sales team.
- Actively provides constructive feedback to management on observations of team performance.
- Supports the Store Manager as required in providing coaching to the teams on disciplinary issues consistently and impartially.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment.
- Achieves personal sales and supports store sales targets
- Achieves 95% on Store Audits
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence others to achieve results
- Proven ability to take initiative and execute on plans
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to operate independently, time management and multi task
- 1-3 years retail experience in a leadership role
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Strong knowledge of automotive parts aftermarket industry
- A good base of knowledge of automotive operating systems including point of sale
- Functional literacy and capability of recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure the proper selection of parts
- Passion for automotive or automotive enthusiasts
- Able to work retail hours including scheduled evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Possession of a valid driver's license is an asset
- Automotive Training or Certification is an Asset
What you’ll get
- Competitive hourly wage
- Benefit package for Full Time Employees
- Employee Preferred Pricing on Hard Parts
- Fun, fast paced environment with like-minded people
- Opportunity to combine your passion for automotive with your love of retail.
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted.
PartSource is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.